UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19
Client Interaction Plan and Communication
To our valued clients,
With the winding back of COVID-19 restrictions we are asking that if you have tested positive to Coronavirus, are a close contact or are generally feeling unwell to please call or email us to reschedule your appointment.
It is still being recommended to social distance if and when you can whilst visiting Pet Doctors.
The key steps are:
- Make an appointment as usual
- Please advise that you are fit, healthy and well to be able to attend your appointment or if someone else will be attending in your place
- Please feel free to wear a mask for your visit if you so wish, although currently not mandatory
- We ask that where possible all payments are made using credit card/eftpos
- We encourage all clients to use the hand sanitiser available throughout reception during your visit
- Please make sure that the person bringing your pet;
- Is not currently positive for COVID-19
- Is not in a quarantine arrangement due to recent travel history, or has had exposure to a person with known or possible COVID-19 infection in the last 2 weeks
- Is well with no respiratory symptoms
All Australians are working with each other to help manage the COVID-19/Coronavirus problem. At Pet Doctors Palm Beach we are taking steps as part of this to help do our bit.
COVID-19 has reached a stage where community transmission is frequently occurring, and the source of the transmission is not always evident. The quarantine periods and other advice given by the health department are for the benefit of all Australians and are aimed at reducing the load on the health system so everyone gets the care they need should they become ill.
Recommendations as to how these precautions should be implemented are changing all the time and we will strive to provide an environment, where we can continue to deliver the best possible patient care, while also looking after the health needs of our valued clients and staff members.
We are also conducting;
- SMS communication of current protocols.
- Frequent cleaning of commonly used services and areas. We will reduce any potential environmental contamination by cleaning with agents that have effect against corona viruses, particularly COVID-19. We have detailed cleaning protocols and use agents with high levels of proven efficacy based on external advice.
- If wait times are prolonged and you would like us to admit your pet while you wait elsewhere, we are happy to do this.
Please give us a call on 07 55760400 if you would like to discuss these issues any further, or to book an appointment